There are plenty of ways to make caring for, and driving, your car easier. Take a look at these top automotive tips:
- Use a broom to remove snow from your car. If you want something that you can keep in your trunk, cut the handle of a broom to make it more managable.
- Store some wet-wipes in your glove box, so that you can wipe them after filling your car with gas. This will ensure that you don’t get gas anywhere else on your car.
- After working on your car, removing grease from your hands can be a nightmare. There are special products that you can use, but simple water and baking soda works wonderfully.
- Have you ever gotten your car stuck in mud or snow? You might not be prepared enough to have a shovel, but you can use a hubcap in an emergency. This might damange the hubcap, but it’s better than being stranded for days.
- Kitty litter is excellent for adding traction to snow. If your car is stuck in snow, sprinkle some of it beneath the tires. Of course, you will need to keep some in your trunk first.
- If you need a drip pan that will stop oil from getting onto your driveway, you can make one with a baking tray and some corrugated cardboard. Replace the cardboard as often as you need to.
- If you are working on your car, but you need more light in your garage, it helps to create some light-reflecting surfaces. Aluminiun foil is a great choice.